This is #39 of a weekly Photo Challenge that I set myself – there is no particular theme. The idea behind the challenge is to get myself outside into the Cumbrian countryside, at least once a week.
- This week’s photo of a crop of wild mushrooms was taken on a local section of Hadrian’s Cycleway, in West Cumbria.
- The Armillaria bulbosa mushroom can grow as big as the Blue Whale
- Egyptians considered Mushrooms the plant of immortality.
- Mushrooms are known as the meat of the vegetable world.
- People who eat wild mushrooms are called Mycophagists.
- Over 30 species of Mushroom glow in the dark.