Snowfall Time-Lapse

We’ve had some snow falling here in West Cumbria this morning, so I set-up the time-lapse function on my new Canon 6D Mark II to capture it. It’s the first time I’ve done a time-lapse with this camera… and I jumped straight in without reading the instructions. Doh!

I was going to leave the camera running for as long as possible, but since I didn’t read the instructions, the recording stopped automatically. Now.. I’m pulling out the instructions to learn more about the time-lapse function🤭

Anyways.. here you go. I hope you enjoy all 20 seconds. Lol:

14 Comments

1. huguetta says:

It’s beautiful even though I’m cold from the scene only 😊 this is the Spring there or still winter?

Liked by 1 person

1. Baldy says:

The first day of spring is on March 20th, so what we’re seeing is the last throes of winter. For the next few weeks, we’ll probably experience heavy rain – groan. The first heatwave will probably hit mid May ☺

Liked by 1 person

1. huguetta says:

A very long winter 🙂 I’m sure you are used, here Spring starts on March 21st but the weather is already springy
        Stay warm then and thank you for sharing 😊

Liked by 1 person

2. Baldy says:

I’ll try my best to stay warm lol 👍

Liked by 1 person

2. rabirius says:

Excellent picture.

3. John says:

Nice video, so cold but pretty. 👍🏻😎☺️

Liked by 1 person

4. I missed our snow. It was sleeting when I returned from dropping Julia off and when I stuck my head out again at 8.30 and there was snow. Fortunately not as much as you had – all gone now. Good idea to catch it on film.

Liked by 1 person

1. Baldy says:

Its gone from here at the moment. We’re due some more this evening, and then possibly in a week’s time looking at the longer range forecasts.

5. Stephen Hadeen says:

Be glad you don’t live in MN. LOL. Just got about another 8 inches of heavy wet snow last night that I spent a total of 4 1/2 hours shoveling/snow blowing. I love shooting in the snow but hate the maintenance part of it. Feb was our snowiest month ever (36 “ or so).

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephen Hadeen says:

Oh by the way, cool time lapse!

Liked by 2 people

2. Baldy says:

I’ve only ever seen really deep snow in the early 90’s. Our youngest was a few month old. I had to wade through a couple of feet of snow for around two miles to get some milk for him. My parents said what we experienced back then was commonplace in the 50’s.

In such a short period, of time, it’s shocking how much the climate has changed. Today, we’ll get a couple of cm max on the roads. A little further inland things do change drastically – it’s higher ground.

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephen Hadeen says:

Yep. We’ve been spoiled by milder winters these past few years. Even the first part of this winter. But it has roared back with a vengeance these past couple of months. I bet you’re glad you don’t have to trudge a couple miles through snow since that one time. Lol

Liked by 1 person

6. jmankowsky says:

Love this! (The photograph, not the snow particularly. LOL! I am getting tired of snow in New England.)I think the picture really sings!

Liked by 1 person